If you’re interested in straightening your teeth, but you’re at a point in your life where you do not want to have to deal with metal brackets, the Invisalign process is a perfect solution. Invisalign is commonly spoken about in the orthodontic world, but many patients do not understand the step by step process. Here is a rundown of what to except from the Invisalign treatment plan.
- Consultation: Before your treatment begins, you will meet with your dentist for an initial consultation. During this meeting, your dentist will go over what your ideal smile is, and what your treatment plan will look like based on your teeth. At this point, your dentist will walk you through the cost and any additional information you may need to fully decide on the process.
- Teeth impressions: When you make the decision to go through with this orthodontic treatment, your doctor will take impressions of your teeth. Impressions are taken so you’re your aligners can be made. These impressions will serve as the basis of your customized trays, to ensure your teeth end up in the straightened position you desire
- Invisible Aligners: When the impressions are complete and your trays are made, your doctor will go over the information about the invisible aligners. Although they are removable, they should be worn most of the day and taken out only to eat and clean the teeth.
- Checkups and Aligner Changes: As you go through the treatment, you will receive a new, adjusted set of aligners approximately every two weeks. Each set is designed to move the teeth gradually into a straighter position than the previous set. At each checkup, your dentist will check the progress of your teeth and ensure the aligners are working as they should.
- Retainers: At the end of your orthodontic treatment, you will be given a set of retainers to keep your teeth in the desired position. Your retainers may be fixed or removable, depending on your preferences and your dentist’s recommendations.
Invisalign can make the teeth straightening process comfortable and confidential. If you are interested in the clear aligner treatment, contact your doctor for a consultation. They will walk you through everything you will need to know and help you accomplish your straightened teeth dreams.